We all love a beauty hack which can save us time and even money. Keep on reading to find out my favourite ones:
- Change your pillowcase regularly. Try alternating your pillow each night between washes, dirty pillowcases can produce a whole lot of bacteria – which can cause breakouts. This will especially benefit you if you find you get spots on your cheeks.
- For a super quick glow up, use an ointment (lip balm) on your eyelashes, eyebrows, and even cheekbones to achieve a subtle glow. I apply the product to my brows and lashes to give them a glistening effect when I’m not in the mood to apply a full face of make-up. My favourite lip balm is the BeautyCounter Lip Conditioner in peppermint. It is also available in sweet Calendula.
- I’ve mentioned this hack in a previous post, but in case you missed it – it’s a good one. Place two metal spoons in the fridge overnight, ready for those days when you wake up with puffy eyes – does the trick every time.
- Soften dry cuticles by rubbing them with your favourite lip balm. As I just mentioned I like to use the BeautyCounter Lip Conditioner in Peppermint.
- Clean your mobile phone and eyeglasses (if you wear them) over with an anti-bacterial wipe. This will help kill bacteria on the surface of the dirty screen or glasses which rest on the skin, it will also keep those with acne-prone skin with fewer breakouts.
- To achieve extra bushy brows, apply a brow gel from the tail inward first, then reapply it from the inner eye to the tail. This will help add volume to your brows and make them appear thicker. For a more defined look use a tinted eyebrow gel. The BeautyCounter Brilliant Brow Gel is available in both clear and tinted. It will help to flawlessly create a bushier and more defined brow.
- To ensure your lipstick lasts all day, after applying your lipstick, place a tissue over your lips and brush translucent powder over. The BeautyCounter Mattifying Powder, alongside a Powder Brush, will help you to achieve just that.
- No time to re-do your make-up before you go out? Use a facial mist to give your make-up a refresh. BeautyCounter offer a collection of different facial mists, the one I tend to reach for most is No.3 Balancing Facial Mist. I find it gives my make-up a second lease of life while absorbing any excess oils and preventing redness.
- To minimize fine lines, wrinkles and to make my lips appear plumper, I place my eye cream around my mouth area. The BeautyCounter Rejuvenating Eye Cream is great for this. As the formula contains wild algae and caffeine, it reduces the appearance of fine lines and puffiness.
- To give your nail polish an on-trend matte finish, add a little corn starch to the polish.
- On holiday and in need of your tinted moisturiser? Take your body lotion and mix it with a shade darker than your foundation, or your foundation colour would work too. This will help to cover any imperfections and will help you to achieve an even skin tone.
- After conditioning your hair in the shower, brush through your hair with a comb or wet brush while still in the shower. This will prevent your hair from getting knotty post-shower and will allow your hair to air dry quicker – which means you’ll have to apply less damaging heat to dry and it will take half the time to dry and style. I use BeautyCounter’s Daily Conditioner, I find this conditioner adds shine to my hair due to formula made up of marula and mongongo oils.
- If you are looking for a new and all-natural make-up remover, try coconut oil. It is gentle on the skin, while also be super hydrating. As a suffer from oily skin, I do like to follow using the coconut oil with a cleanser. The cleanser I currently like to use is the BeautyCounter Rejuvenating Skin Cleanser. This cleanser is light and refreshing, made up of goodness. It is infused with antioxidant-rich plant extracts such as those from green tea.
- Apply a little concealer to your lips before applying your favourite lip gloss, to make the gloss become a matte look. Just like that, you have to formulas in one. To create this look, I would use the BeautyCounter Touch Up Concealer Pen the click pen design ensures you do not use too much product – you don’t want to have foundation lips. I would use that alongside the BeautyCounter Lip Gloss, which is available in 12 beautiful shades.
- Run out of dry shampoo? No problem. Grab your baby’s talcum powder, apply it to your roots and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Before guiding it off and around to get rid of the chalky powder.
- If the above seems to messy too for you, but you still don’t have time to wash your whole head of hair. Just wash the front part of your hair (fringe area), this is the part of your hair which you touch the most and will show the first signs of grease. By doing this, you’ll give your hair a refresh, without stripping oils from the rest of your hair.
- If you accidentally purchase a foundation which is too dark for you, mix it with a face moisturiser. This will help to lighten it up. I have previously made this mistake when shopping for a foundation online, I used the BeautyCounter Countercontrol Matte Effect Gel Cream. I enjoyed mixing this with my foundation, as it is oil free and prevented my pores from being clogged.
- Too lazy to wash your face at night? (we all have those days). Keep face wipes on your bedside table and you’ll have no excuse. The BeautyCounter One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes no only remove makeup but also cleanser your skin without the need to wash your face.
I hope you found some new beauty hacks from this post, what are your favourite beauty hacks?