We all want to look chic with minimum effort. The hairstyles which I am going to share with you will help you to achieve just that! Having great-looking everyday hairstyles will enhance your inner and outer beauty.
Everyday Hairstyles Examples
This look can be achieved in less than five minutes – great for when you’re in a rush. Simply, put your hair in a low ponytail, secured with a hair tie. Braid the ponytail into a regular plait and secure it at the end with another hair tie, to achieve the curls take your straighteners and press the straighteners on the hair working from the top. Repeat this process twice, allow the hair to cool down and then unravel the braid from the bottom to avoid knotting. To add extra volume to the waves, tip your head down and spray the underneath of your hair with hairspray.
The Up Knot
Another style that looks effortlessly chic and will take less than five minutes to achieve. To create the look, pull your hair into a low ponytail and secure it with a hair tie. Part the hair just above the hair tie to create a loose hole using your fingers. Then take your ponytail and thread it through the hole you have created, depending on your hair length you may be able to thread it through twice, fasten the ends of the hair with a hair grip if necessary. To finish the look, release a couple of pieces of hair from the front to frame your face.
Supermodel Low Bun
The bun is the perfect supermodel day-off look. To create this look, brush through your dry hair and create a middle part. Spritz your hair with anti-frizz spray, which will help to make the hair more manageable to style. Brush your hair into a low ponytail at the base of your neck and secure it with a hair tie – ensuring there are no bumps. Take the hair in the ponytail and twist it from the start to the bottom, then wrap the twisted hair into a bun. Secure it with a hair tie and any hair grips if required. If there any flyaway hairs at the front, take a small amount of hair gel to smooth them down – we want this look to be as sleek as possible.
A classic look which can take you from day to night. Start by sectioning your hair into manageable sections and blow-drying it straight, this will ensure the hair is smooth and shiny. Brush through the hair to ensure it is knot-free and take a comb and direct the hair upwards into a ponytail which is tight to the head at the crown. Secure it with a thin hair tie, choose one in a color similar to your hair color. To disguise the hair tie, take a small section of the ponytail and wrap this around the tie, securing this with a hair grip – again choosing one similar to your hair color. To finish, the look apply a light spritz of hair spray over the hair and apply a small amount of gel around the hairline and on flyaway hairs for a sleek finish.
Known as the visible braid, the difference between this braid and the french braid is that you cross the hair under when you braid rather than over. Firstly, you will want to ensure your hair is knot-free as this will determine the neatness of the braid. To create one braid, take a section of hair from the centre of your hair line and split it into three sections. Cross the right strand under the middle strand, then cross the left strand under the middle strand.
Next, add a thin section of hair to the right strand before crossing it under the middle strand again, repeat this process for the rest of the hair. Once you have learnt the process of this braid you can use it to create other styles such as braiding to the crown of your head and then tying the hair into a ponytail. You could also create one Dutch braid down the centre of your hair with the rest of the hair down, the possibilities are endless.
Tips For When You Braid Hair:
- When you have passed the crown of your head when braiding, lean your head forward to achieve a tighter braid.
- The smaller sections you add to the braid the more professional your braid will look.
- Ensure you pull the hair tightly when you are braiding for a neat braid.
- Tame flyaway hairs with hair wax or gel – these can be found in your local drug store, sometimes the men’s versions have better hold.
Hair Hacks For Styling Hair
- If your curls have a frizz to them, add a small amount of serum to the ends for a sleeker finish. Hair serum makes hair look shinier and healthier – what more could you want from a product?!
- Apply mousse to your hair before blow-drying your hair for added volume.
- Ensure you are using hair grips correctly. The bumpy side should be facing down, you will find they hold better this way. For even more hold, try spraying them with hairspray before you use them.
- Before you style your hair, put your hair in a silk hair wrap – you can use a silk scarf or a pillowcase if you have one. It will help to fight frizz before you style.
- Conceal gaps in your hair for a fuller look, by using an eyeshadow which is a similar color to your hair. Brush this onto the gaps in your hair using a fluffy make-up brush.
- Always unravel your braids from the bottom upwards to prevent knotting.
- Apply hairspray to your hairbrush to tame flyaway hairs.
- When you are blow-drying your hair, use the cool setting to set your hairstyle in place. This works particularly well when you are creating curl. This works as the cool air closes the cuticles, which causes the hair to set.
Final Thoughts on Everyday Hairstyles
I hope my everyday hairstyles give you some new ideas for how to style your hair. What are your favourite hairstyles?